Our company is built around and dedicated to enabling customers to access data they haven’t previously been able to using sensors. Three years into this journey finds us now processing over 10 million sensor messages per day from more than 100 companies in Europe and North America!
What have we learnt so far?
– Multi disciplinary teams; In IoT we believe the strength of a team is in building experitise in project management, hardware, networks, software, data and open APIs.
– Minimising sensor installation headaches are key; Our latest sensor deployment in London last week saw us reduce installation time to only 20 seconds per sensor. We believe sensors should be easy to place and simple to move which is why we also have training schemes available to our clients so that they can manage the physical repositioning of their own sensors post deployment should they choose to. Flexibility and control are as important to us as they are to you.
We are always investigating and building partnerships to find the best solution for our clients and this has focused us on standardising around open network protocols such as LoRa. We now have a large number of happy customers using the following types of LoRa sensors.
- Office utilisation monitoring: desks, meeting rooms and breakout areas
- Air quality
- Environmental sensing
- Parking sensors
- Footfall monitors
- Asset management sensors such as vibration, temperature monitoring
Recent clients include; Zaha Hadid Architects, 360 Workgroup, Fourfront group, TripAdvisor and many others.
As much as possible we have tried to share tangible learnings and experience reports with the wider community. Some examples of our publications and webcasts that have proven hugely popular include:
- An IoT university – with over 1,500 registered students
- Webcasts with Multi Tech about LoRa and the pros and cons
- Connectivity analysis of various RF technologies, read by over 50,000 people and republished to wikipedia by our members https://www.opensensors.io/connectivity
Thank you to all our customers, partners, advisors and the wider IoT community. We look forward to the next 3 years of learning, growing and being part of this incredible ecosystem.